Taking into consideration the difficult times that Lebanon is facing as well as the rapid spread of the COVID-19 virus, DiaLeb is working hard to limit the spread of this infection and raise awareness about its health risks. Staff, members, volunteers, and patients are requested to exercise great care and responsibility and to be conscious until this challenging period ends.
Consequently, since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, DiaLeb has taken multiple preventive measures that would help reduce the spread of the virus and has been trying to improve patients’ physical and psychological well-being. We have also adapted many of our services to support people affected with diabetes with the proper information and connections they need.
Covid-19 Information & Education
1) Engaging in health and safety training for COVID-19.
2) Providing diabetes patients with proper support by ensuring access to resources,medications, and supplies needed.
3) Providing virtual education including virtual patient support sessions for Lebanese living with type 1 diabetes
4) Providing virtual conferences targeting university students which disseminated diabetes facts & special challenges that patients living with diabetes might face during Covid-19.
5) Broadcasting an educational LIVE show on Facebook called “DiaLeb Live” hosted by Dialeb’s President & founder Dr. Maalouf in which many topics concerning diabetes and COVID-19 were discussed with professional guest speakers.
6) Offering expert medical advice by sharing educational content on our social media platforms (offered in English and in Arabic languages)